Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kisses

Porter has been going through a phase for a while now where he doesn't like us to kiss him. He gets mad when we try to sneak them in, and we do it often, because that's the only way we get to kiss him. Then he started "wiping them off". Anytime would sneak in a kiss he would brush it off with his hand, and tease us that he wiped it off. We were handling it fine until Ethan started in on it, and we knew it had to end.

One night Rob decided to beat Porter at his own game.


Rob: "Porter, I need to talk to you. I've been playing a joke on you and I feel really bad."


Porter: "What is it, Dad?"


Rob: "Well, did you know that when you wipe off a kiss that it splits apart and two kisses come back?"


Porter's eyes widen and jaw drops in utter disbelief that his dad would not tell him such important information.


Rob: "And did you know that if you don't touch the kiss, that it just falls right off?"


Porter: "What?!?!"


Rob: "Now I'm only telling you this because I feel bad that I have been tricking you for so long, so whatever you do, don't tell Ethan!"


So what does every little boy do when you tell them not to do something??

(or is that just my boys??)


He ran straight to Ethan with the conversation starting,

"Ethan, you are not going to believe this!!"


I couldn't believe the genius plan he had come up with either! Since then Porter still doesn't want to be kissed, but he has not wiped off a single one! He will even tease us after we kiss him with,


"Ha, ha! I didn't wipe it off, I still know the trick!"


We laugh every time.

No comments: