My grandfather had a huge collection of teddy bears. Growing up, I always loved going to my grandparents house and playing with all the bears. When each of us grandchildren were born, we were each given a bear of our own, and the tradition has continued with his great grandchildren. I remember when my niece was born, and I went with them to visit my sister in the hospital. As we drove, he showed me the bear that he had gotten for her and said, "I don't know if I can give this to her, he's a good lookin' bear." He always picked out bears that he loved, and that's what made it so special.
My grandpa passed away just a few months before Porter was born. My grandma has carried on the tradition so each of my boys have a "grandpa bear". They each love their bears so much, and I love it! Even at 7 years old, when I check on Ethan at night, I find his bear clutched in his arms. I miss my grandpa, but with these bears, I feel like he is always close.
No comments:
Post a Comment