For spring break we went to Arizona to take swimming lessons with the amazing Ms. Tiff! She taught my niece to swim when she was barely 3 years old, so I new this was the lady we needed to see. The first day was pretty rough. The water was cold, and none of my boys like to put their face in the water. As nice as Ms. Tiff is, she is also very firm with what she wants them to do. Ethan went first and I could hear him trying to negotiate with her. She wanted him to swim to the wall 30 times, and after each time he would try to get her to change how many he had left. After this went on for a while, I finally heard her remind him that she was the teacher and that he needed to just listen. I was laughing so hard! By the end of the week he was swimming the length of the pool.
Porter was very nervous about his lessons. He cried through his first day. It was heartbreaking. BUT, through all the crying he still did everything she asked. (There was some bribery involved!) The next 3 days there was no crying, but I could still tell he was scared. I was so proud of him for sticking with it. By the end of the week he could swim the short length of the pool, and I think had the best form. All his energy was finally good for something, as he was the fasted too! :)
It was the hardest to listen to Lincoln from inside the house. He cried through each lesson, all 4 days. It was so hard to not run out there and rescue him! He still did amazing though. Even though he isn't swimming on his own yet, with some practice, I think he could be by the end of the summer. After each lesson I would get him in dry clothes and wrap him up in a blanket to try to warm him up, and he would fall asleep within minutes.
I am so proud of all my boys for their hard work and determination!
While we were there we also got to do some fun stuff too. We were able to go to the Mesa temple and see the Easter Pageant. It was amazing, and great for the kids to learn from. We were also able to have a picnic and feed the ducks in the nearby pond. My sister Shannon was a great hostess as usual. Even though it wasn't spring break for her kids, and things were busy at her house, she still took the time to make it fun for us. Thanks Shan!!
No comments:
Post a Comment