Our family loves Harry Potter, so that became this years theme for Porter's party.
We had so much fun with it! We had some Honey Dukes treats, some potion bottles, and of course we had to have some wands!
I found a great tutorial online for the wands. I let the boys sketch out some ideas and we went from there. I wanted each one to be unique, which was challenging since we were going to have more kids there than ever before. I love the way they turned out.
We got a waterslide again. It is always a hit with the kids...
...and an even bigger hit with the adults! I think we might have more fun than them.
Every year we get more creative and find new ways to use the slide. This year Mike and Rob figured out that they could launch the kids off the bumper of the slide. They got some of the kids pretty high, it was hilarious.
We hung out in the pool too.
Then we gathered up all the kids to present them with their wands. Once all the wands chose their wizard...
...we practiced some spells.
The wands worked so well, that the new wizards helped Porter with his candles too. :)
It was a great day, and our best party yet.
Porter Fun Facts:
Favorite food- pizza
Favorite subject in school- math
Loves to read. He will read the same book over and over.
He is the biggest sports fan I know! He will watch ANY sport, and be fully invested in the team he chooses to support. When we watched the NCAA championship game he was in tears by the end of the game because the team he chose to root for lost, even though he had never watched them before.


No comments:
Post a Comment