Monday, August 3, 2015

Utah Trip- Day 6- Provo

It was raining Monday morning, and we weren't prepared for the cold. Our first stop was the DI for some sweatshirts for the family. We went to the Creamery for lunch and some of their famous ice cream next. We were bummed that they were out of their best flavors, but it was so yummy still. We really wanted to hike the "Y", but we weren't sure if it was going to rain. We made our way up there, and decided to go for it. Soon after we got started, Bryson's legs we "tired" and he quit walking. Rob and I started trading off carrying him, and even Ethan took a couple of turns. 

It was a much harder hike than any of us expected. The big boys were such troopers and marched along. Our biggest problem with Lincoln was that he wanted to stop for every rolly polly he saw and they were all over!


We finally made it to the top, and spent a long time enjoying the view and catching our breath.





The way down wasn't much easier. Bryson's legs were still "tired".

We did find a grasshopper on our way back and that made him happy.

After our hike we spent some time at the Provo Temple.

We went back to our hotel for the night, and I saw a picture that Trevor posted on instagram that he had been in Provo the same day. I called him to see if he was still in Provo, but he was already back home in Logan. I was so bummed we missed him. I talked him into meeting us the next day in Salt Lake though, and the boys were excited to see their Uncle Trevor. Porter even gave a little fist pump action when I told them. I was excited too!

No comments: