Ethan's birthday was yesterday. I can't believe my little guy is four already! I asked him earlier this week what he wanted to have for dinner for his birthday and he said, "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". I told him we couldn't do that for dinner so he decided on spaghetti. I wasn't up for a big party this year so we had a small get together with Grandparents and of course Uncle Trevor for dinner and some cake tonight. Last night when he realized that we weren't going to have cake he was so upset and told me that he couldn't turn four until he had his cake, so according to Ethan he didn't officially turn four until today.
A few weeks ago we were watching the food network and they had people competing to make cakes after pixar films. These people were professional bakers and made some amazing stuff. Well, after seeing the Monster's Inc. cake Ethan's been telling me that he wanted a monster cake for his birthday, no pressure!!
I've been going crazy trying to figure out how I could pull this off. Well after some collaboration this is what we came up with. It's pretty pathetic compared to the food network, but I thought that Rob's creative placement of the candles was quite genius.
Of course we had to have some presents for the big boy, he was pretty excited to get this dino hot wheels toy he's been asking for.
Happy Birthday Ethan!!
We love you!!
12 comments:
Nice cake!!!! Happy Birthday to Ethan!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!!!! I can't believe he's 4. Where does the time go? We love you buddy!!
Lucky for Rob, Ethan was 4 so that his candle placement worked. good job Mommy, nice cake. happy bday to Ethan.
So cute! You did a great job on the cake. I love watching cake challenges. Happy Birthday Ethen!
Awesome cake! You could go into business!
DARLING CAKE!! The candles are perfect too. I love that he insisted on a cake before he turned 4! Cute cute. And good job with the food storage resolution!!
i'm in agreement with everyone else...fabulous cake. i'm impressed you even considered making one after seeing those crazy food network chefs...very intimidating.
Thank you everyone for the nice cake comments!! I really was quite embarrassed of it and didn't want to show it...until Rob put in the candles and it really made it kinda cute. It really was a labor of love, so many things that went wrong! Next time I think I'll buy a cake.
That was such a cute cake!! Very creative! Hope he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Ethan. Cute cake! Ashley turned 7 this week. Can't believe it!
Happy Bday!!! The cake is AWSOME! I love the candles Robbie:)
What a fun cake!!!! Looks like LOTS of fun!!! BIG HUGS!
Post a Comment