Thursday, January 29, 2009

My finally finished project


It only took me 9 months, but I finally finished my picture project. My sister-in-law, Shawna, took some great family pics for us last May. I've wanted to put a collage of pictures on our huge empty wall, and wanted to use black frames but have them all a little different. Sounds simple enough, right?! Well I was wrong. It was so much more work than I thought to find black frames that were the right size. The biggest problem I had was that I wanted a large center frame for a family picture. Is it just me, or are frames just ridiculously over priced?! I finally found a company online with a reasonable price, but they had to ship me 3 frames before I received one that wasn't broken. It also didn't come with any glass or backing on it like I was told it would. After a lot of back and forth with them I kind of gave up on the project. Well maybe I'm nesting already or something, but I finally decided that I just needed to get it up. I didn't use the big frame because I figured I would get another family picture taken in a few months when the baby comes. I'll just need to move the center pictures to the outside, and pop in the big one. It feels good to finally have it done. Thanks again Shawna for all the great pictures!

11 comments:

Christine said...

I love your wall! It looks great! It took me months and months to figure out my wall collage too and there isn't even that many pictures on it.

I am cracking up at Ethan's "packing" too, at least he wasn't trying to run away from home with it.

Heywood Clan said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! It looks great!! Do you want to come do one for me now? Please...

AES said...

Tres chic :)

Shannon said...

It does take work to arrange frames on the wall. Yours look great. So one project down....how many more are on the list before this baby comes?

Kristin said...

That looks awesome! I love that saying too!

carrie said...

Looks great! I have our family picture all done and framed I just can't figure out where to put it and by the time I get it up it will be outdated, oh well at least it got done.

Erin said...

cute cute. Frames are totally over priced.!!! I recognize the bottom one we were together when you bought it a couple of yaers ago. Cute. I want to copy it.

Anne Marie said...

It's beautiful!! I love what you did! I hope to get something like that done soon. I love your creative talent!

kate said...

Looks great! I feel much better about my own framing/hanging woes. Shows like Trading Spaces skip over the calculus you have to know to get everything arranged correctly. I've found more success when I begin knowing there will multiple holes in the wall per actual nail/hanger.

Sidenote: IKEA has pretty reasonable prices on frames. I wish I'd gone there instead of Target.

Autumn said...

What a great idea. We have a huge wall that has been blank ever since we moved in. It is so big I do not know what to do with it. I might just have to copy your idea.

Heather Anderson said...

LOVE it! What a great project and it looks wonderful:)