Friday, May 22, 2009

Introducing...

Lincoln Tanner Krepps
May 19, 2009
1:44 am
8lb 8oz, 21 inches
Our little boy is finally here!!It was a rough, unexpected arrival 12 days early, but we are so happy to have him here. Last weekend while Rob was gone on the father and son's overnighter (figures), I woke up to some pain in my back. After about a half an hour it subsided enough for me to go back to sleep. I woke up Saturday morning to more pain. I had kidney stones when I was pregnant with Porter, and the pain was all too familiar.

As it started to worsen, I decided it was time to call Rob and tell him to come home, luckily they weren't too far away. We headed over to the hospital and I ended up being admitted. After much trial and error, they were able to finally find some good drugs that calmed the pain. By Monday, after passing a stone, the pain still wasn't stopping so they brought in the urologist to go over options with me. I could put a stint in my kidney to drain it (no thank you), do an x-ray to try see what's going on (doubles the chance of childhood leukemia-another no thank you), or deliver the baby and hope that it will relieve the pressure on the kidney. So after telling him no to the first two options, my doctor comes in and announces that we are going to induce. I asked him when, and he says "now". Even though I had hoped that I would go into labor while I was there and have something good come out of all this pain, I wasn't mentally prepared for it.
By the afternoon they started up the pitocin, and after all the pain I had endured already, I opted for the epidural along with it. I didn't have much luck with my epidural with Porter, so I was pretty nervous. They started it up, and of course it's not working. After trying to adjust it they say that they are going to need to replace it. Now I'm really freaked out that I'm going to go through all this pain again, to not have it work. Thankfully second time was a charm and I was able to sleep better than I had in 3 days. After my "nap" the nurse comes in to check on me to see if it's time to break my water. She says that I'm ready to push!! WHAT?! My water broke while I was sleeping and I had no idea. After three contractions worth of pushing he was out. I must say, once the epidural kicked in, best delivery ever!
The boys came to see Lincoln Wednesday. They were so excited to meet their brother, and I was happy to see them too. By then I hadn't seen my boys in 5 days! It was a special moment to watch. Ethan was so little when Porter was born, he didn't really get it. They smothered him with kisses and inspected every little part of him.
Here they are checking out his toes.
Ethan got to hold him first, such a proud big brother.
Porter just kept kissing him.

My four boys together.
I was finally able to come home late Wednesday night, I couldn't wait to get out of there!! It's been a bit hectic, but it's so nice to be home. Lincoln has been losing weight and the pediatrician is pretty concerned. I have to supplement formula along with nursing, take fish oil tablets the size of Texas to make my milk "creamier", and take him into Kaiser everyday to check his weight. He's worth all the trouble though.
We love you Lincoln!!
* Thank you to all our great friends and family who stepped in and took such good care of our boys for us!!

19 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations!!!!

Thank goodness you delivered him early who knows how much bigger he would've gotten! ;)

He's adorable!

watergirl said...

Congratulations! I hate when epidurals don't work out!!! Glad the pushing was easy. Good luck with the nursing. He looks perfect!

Emily said...

He is adorable!!! Congratulations! I am sorry to hear it was such a battle with the whole kidney stone thing. Glad you are safe and home with your family. If ya need anything just call me!! Can't wait to meet him.

Heywood Clan said...

FINALLY!!!!! I have been waiting patiently to see pictures of my new nephew. He is a cutie pie just like his brothers! I can't wait to hold him! It is really weird to actually see pictures of your 3 kids. That hasn't set in yet. We love you guys!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

I too have been watching the blog to see the new pictures and announcement. I'm glad the epi finally worked. Whew!!
Thanks for sharing the moment when the boys were checking out Lincoln's toes! Cute!
Love the picture of Rob with all 3 boys. He is so PROUD, as he should be.
Love you guys....

Erin said...

yay!!! Congratulations!!! I cant wait to come down to hold him...you know I'm a sucker for brand new babies!! Glad you are finally home and doing well. I'll call you.

janae said...

Wow, congrats from us! This does sound like a pretty hectic experience, so I'm sure it's nice to be home. I remember with Emily feeling like they let me leave the hospital too soon, but with Olivia I couldn't WAIT to get out of there. Anyway, three little boys... awesome.

Kath said...

So glad Lincoln is here and he is so adorable! Congratulations :)
Kathryn Lindsay

Kristen said...

Congrats Jenny! he's beautiful! Wow what a story...you really went through it...how miserable to have a kidney stone on top of labor! Thank goodness for the epidural!!!
I'm really happy for you guys. Love his name too!!

Megan & Brian said...

He is gorgeous! You guys sure make some cute kids! I love the name too! I love the pictures of the boys with their new brother. They are so proud! Its probably a good thing he was a little early- he is almost as big as my girls are at 4 months. A big CONGRATS to you & yours!!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! What a sweetheart! Sorry about all your little problems. Your boys all look so cute together!

kate said...

Congratulations! I echo the other comments: labor AND kidney stones? It just doesn't seem fair. On the other hand, it looks like the little cutie was worth it.

Good luck with the nursing (glad I'm not the only one who had to supplement...I remain in awe of those moms that could produce a freezer full of breast milk) and taking care of THREE boys!

Hope to see you all in July...super excited.

kate said...

forgot to add: yet another great name!

Reanna said...

Congrats Jenny...He is adorable! I cannot wait to hold him. Those are such sweet pictures of all your boys. I am so glad you are okay, your mom had me worried. I love you and I can't wait to meet my new nephew... Yay!!!

carrie said...

Lincoln is adorable! Sorry it's late but Congratulations! I'm sorry about all of the pain, no fun. I hope by now you are felling a little better.

Anne Marie said...

Wow! Congratulations! He's beautiful. Enjoy him!

Heather Anderson said...

Good work and CONGRATS! That sounds awful but I am sure he is worth it! He is so cute:)

Erin Thompson said...

Congratulations Rob and Jenny! He is soooo cute and has a great name!

Autumn said...

Adorable! Too bad about all they pain though. Good thing their cuteness makes us forget about all the pain.