Friday, May 8, 2009

WE HAVE GRASS!!!!

This has been a very productive week for the backyard. Wednesday we had the curbing laid and today we got to put in the sod. We got started at about 8am and finished around noon. There's nothing better than an instant backyard. The kids hung out with us outside while we worked. Ethan assigned himself the job of unrolling each strip of grass we put down, he was a good little helper. Here are some before and after pics.
The curbing before the grass...

The finished product along with Ethan's hard hat dead center...

Towards the end the boys got tired and went inside. They were so excited to come see the grass all finished, so we decided to turn on the sprinklers and let them get wet.

We've been telling them that this is something they would be able to do a lot once the grass was in. We intentionally got sprinklers that didn't spray too hard so they could play in them. They had a blast. Ethan told me he wanted to play in them everyday.

Porter decided he was thirsty and helped himself...


This picture cracks me up. They are trying to use the "force" against the water.

After the water turned off Ethan just laid down to enjoy the grass...he really needs to work on his tan!!

Our next few projects:
-Fill the planter areas
-Buy and assemble a swing set
-Lots of mulch!
Once those things are done, the bottom level of our yard will be complete, besides the finishing touches on the retaining walls. I can't wait to be able to send the boys outside to play!!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! If your boys are anything like mine (and the way we were as kids) they won't even notice the grass and they'll just go dig in the dirt. I am down to one spoon in my drawer. Ryan says we should buy a metal detector. I am so happy for you and proud that you got it done with 22 days to spare! Props to Roberto! Ryan usually takes on the projects the week he is home "helping" me with the baby. Good plan Rob. I thank you FOR Jenny.

Christine said...

It looks great! HOw nice to have it done!!!

Heywood Clan said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It looks great! Good job Rob!

carrie said...

The yard looks great. Our girls love the sprinklers too. Who needs a pool? Tim is out mowing the lawn right now, it's nice to have a yard but it's so much work. What's hard for us is no fences Rachel loves to run right out into the street. So I'm jealous that its all fenced in and beautiful and you will be able to garden without worrying about the kids too much.

Emily said...

so jealous...I want a backyard so bad. Someday, someday I keep telling myself

kate said...

Looks great! Congrats! Do you guys hire yourselves out for landscaping in the LA area?

Erin said...

IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Im so jealous about this too, were getting there so im gonna keep looking at these pictures for sanity.
Okay its official we need to get together and play. romney and i both miss you guys- we said it the other day.

Kristin said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! The yard is looking good!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh you are so almost due! I just looked at your little widget thing. How come we have not seen any pictures of you?!! Hope you're feeling well.

Megan & Brian said...

I think I have an outdated email address for you guys. The yard looks wonderful. I can't believe you're up for all that being so pregnant. Is there anything you need for the new babe? 3 kids are a loy of fun!!!