Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Faylor Family Reunion

Thanks to my tech support hero, I can download my pictures again, so be prepared for a few days of exciting posts!!
We recently had our much anticipated family reunion. We haven't had one since 1989, so we were pretty excited to get everyone together. With the addition of 8 spouses and 18 children, we more than doubled the original group.
Friday we spent the day hanging out doing various activities and Grandpa surprised us with a video from our last reunion. We all got a good laugh at our very stylish attire. :) That night we also celebrated my grandmother's 79th birthday. Here she is blowing out all the candles.

The kids were more than happy to help her eat the cake...

...Porter was happy to help her eat her candles!!


Then we headed outside for some smores.


I think Ethan liked his...


After the smores my brother in law set up a movie outside for the kids. The kids were pretty excited, but I think the adults had more fun inside. We were able to play games and hang out without interruption. Thanks Ryan!! Most of the kids fell asleep during the movie. This is how we found Ethan.



Saturday the boys had found some baby lizards and had set up some traps (plastic cups set a few inches in the ground) to catch more.

Ethan, Porter, and their new buddy, Luke, having fun with bubbles!



Madden and Lincoln


Grandpa gave out little awards to all his great-grandchildren. Here's Ethan getting his.


Grandma was happy to meet her newest great grandson.


The party broke up Sunday, and Ethan took it pretty hard. He LOVES being with his cousins.
Look at this sad face!


I was sad too. We definitely need to it again, and not wait 20 years!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

glad you got to take pictures. i'd blog about it too or at least post pictures for my own posterity's sake, but I never took the time to take any. Glad you did though. Great pictures. Has it really been 20 years? That makes me feel old!

Heywood Clan said...

That's one of the next posts I need to do. I should just copy yours. :) Actually Shannon should just copy what she wants off of yours and mine. I can't believe it had been 20 years either. Crazy! I'm so glad we did it. It was so much fun to see everyone again!!!