Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My preschooler

Ethan has always been my little perfectionist. For the longest time I couldn't get him to write or even draw pictures because he was so worried he wouldn't do it right. We had bought several workbooks for him to practice with, and he refused. What a difference a few months have made!! I told him that he would be starting preschool and that he needed to learn to write. He got really excited and took it upon himself to get out his workbooks and has really developed a love of learning. I wish I could take all the credit, but he pretty much taught himself mostly everything. He literally did his "schoolwork" every day during the summer. He has saved all his worksheets and kept them in his backpack convinced that he needed them to show his teacher! This is what I cleared out of his backpack yesterday!

Ethan has been counting down the days until he could go to school. He was beyond excited yesterday, and couldn't keep the smile off his face.



Finally at his classroom!


Ethan didn't waste any time finding something to play with.


Showing off ...


When I picked him up his teacher said that he did really good and was a great listener. I am so proud of Ethan and how hard he has worked to prepare himself!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Way to go Jen!! He will be way ready for Kindergarten :) :)

What a cutie!

Shannon said...

Could Ethan come do some of my kids homework? He seems to be good at doing homework without you having to hold his hand the whole time...don't let that change, or you will spend the rest of your life doing your kids homework...look at Mom, Amy, and myself...fight it hard Jen! You don't have to follow in the family's footsteps!

kate said...

Congrats to you AND Ethan!

Heather Anderson said...

Ya, Ethan! I hope he keeps that love of learning!