Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun with Grandpa

My parents have a dry riverbed behind their house. Occasionally when we get a lot of rain they get some water in it. I took the boys up to my parents house yesterday and my Dad took us down to the river. It had a good flow from the recent rain. The boys played follow the leader with Grandpa on the walk over there.

As soon as we got there Grandpa was showing off his rock skipping skills.


The boys instantly started looking for their own rocks to throw in the water.
They had a great time collecting rocks and playing in the sand. These boys love their Grandpa and enjoyed their little adventure together.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Is this part of what makes a "dream house" for Dad? I just made a comment to Mom the other day about Dad's Snake River-rock-skipping days. I bet he wishes that river was always filled with water so he could practice! I can tell he had more fun than your boys by his childish grin on his face!

Kristin said...

How fun. I hope your boys know how lucky they are to have their grandparents so close. My parents just left this morning, it was so sad!

Christine said...

What fun memories. I agree with them being lucky to have both sets of grandparents close. Very lucky!