I had the boys with me at mutual on Tuesday, and when we went to leave I couldn't find my keys. We looked for them everywhere and still couldn't find them. Ethan suggested that we say a prayer to find them. I took them back to the room we had met in, now empty, and we knelt down. Ethan said the sweetest prayer and after he was done the thought came to me to check the trash can. I reached over and gave it a little shake and sure enough my keys were in there. (how they got there is still a mystery) Porter helped us say another prayer of thanks, and we headed home. When Ethan told Rob about what happened he explained to him that he now has a testimony of prayer.
A few days later Rob was having a rough week at work and asked us to pray for him that he would be successful in that days appointments. Just after lunch Rob called us to let us know that our prayers had worked. When I told Ethan he was thrilled to now have two testimonies.
Last night Ethan was sad to have to go to bed and miss the end of the Laker game. He asked me if I would tell him in the morning who had won the game. During his prayer before bed he prayed that the Lakers would win because it would make Daddy happy. This morning when he woke up I told him the good news that the Lakers had won the game and he said,
"Yes!! Now I have three testimonies!!"
Thank goodness they won! :)
5 comments:
Oh, those are really sweet stories! [Even though the Laker's winning meant the Sun's had to lose. :)]
I love it. I think a child's prayer is the best thing. He'll remember those "testimonies" for the rest of his life. Jacob still remembers when he prayed that the broken windsheild wipers would work in the middle of a rainstorm and they did. I didn't think to even ask for that. I think we can learn from the faith of our children!
i love it!! ....maybe he could pray that i can have a baby....i mean im just sayin....make it 4 testimonies....
Phew, thank goodness!
You are such a good mommy!!!And your sons are darling! AND the Lakers DID win!
Post a Comment