Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Mom, you have to come see this!"

My sister Shannon was in town last week so I packed up the kids and headed off to Grandma's house for a few days. The boys were in heaven swimming and hanging out with their cousins. They spent all day outside. My nephew had brought his bike with him and one evening Ethan came inside and said, "Mom, you have to come see this!" I followed Ethan outside and he hops on the bike and starts riding it. He said he could only ride straight but not turn. I was so proud of him. He has been so nervous to take his training wheels off, so for him to try on his own was a big deal. I told him if he kept practicing that maybe he could ride it completely before it was time to go home. Well, the next day he came in with the biggest smile on his face and announced again that I need to come outside. He hopped on again and started riding around in a big circle. He totally learned how without anyone helping him. Pure determination. That seems to have become a pattern with him. He gets really nervous about doing new things, but when he decides to do it, no one can stop him! He's such a big boy!! I wish I had photo proof of all this but unfortunately I had my camera stolen at Disneyland...again...seriously. :(

6 comments:

AES said...

How exciting about the bike riding and what a bummer about your camera!

Christine said...

Too bad about the camera. I feel like I'm missing the moment somehow if I don't have it. May you'll have to put a homing device in the next one :)

Christine said...

Too bad about the camera. I feel like I'm missing the moment somehow if I don't have it. May you'll have to put a homing device in the next one :)

Kristin said...

You have sure had some bad luck with your cameras! Instead of a spare set of keys, you need a spare set of cameras!!!

Da Bergs said...

NOT the happiest place on earth... so sad... you HAVE to get some kind of a camera for these great moments though!!!

Erin said...

were gonna have to do something about this no camera business.
Good job Ethan! A bike with no training wheels??? what is going on here, all my friends kids are getting so big! stop it right now!