Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Halloween was fun this year. I've always picked out the boys costumes for them, but this year I let them pick out their own. Ethan loved his policeman uniform. He has 2 uncles that are policemen, so the choice didn't really surprise me. Porter made quite the cute pirate, and Lincoln was the most adorable little puppy ever. I guess I did pick his, but how can I resist when his favorite word to say is "woof". He barks at any animal he sees.

Porter had his preschool Halloween party earlier this week. He came home with enough treats that he wouldn't have needed to go trick or treating at all.
Last night we went to our ward Trunk or Treat. The kids had a great time. I was worried that with Rob staying at the car to pass out candy that taking the boys trick or treating by myself would be a nightmare. Lincoln was so cute and walked holding my hand the whole time, it was awesome!! They had the young women doing face painting, and Ethan was excited to have his babysitter paint a rocket on his face.
Ethan's costume put a smile on my face every time I looked at him. The glasses really made it, and it just fit his personality so well. (He thinks he's the enforcer at our house.)



When we got home I told him to change out of his costume. Next thing I know he's running around the house in nothing but his hat, glasses, and underwear. It was a little hard to take him seriously!

Today we just hung out and finally got around to carving our pumpkin. Lincoln wasn't too sure what to think of all the insides coming out at first...

...but eventually he loved digging in there as much as the rest of them.


We used an electric knife this year, and let me tell you, that is the only way to go. No more sore hands from sawing away so long. Although, Ethan thought it was too loud.

I thought our classic pumpkin turned out pretty cute this year.


No comments: