February 23, 2012
2:47am
7lb. 14oz.
21 inches
This sweet baby joined our family early Thursday morning! We are so happy to finally have him here!
So here's the story...
Wednesday morning I started to have pain in my back. I was worried I was getting a kidney stone again, and started to panic a little bit. Rob had a big appointment for work and I didn't want him to miss it. So I took some pain medication that I had from the last time I had a kidney stone and hoped that I would be ok until he got home that evening. Then I called my doctor's office to let them know what was going on, and they asked me to come in to be evaluated. As soon as I heard that, I was determined to have them induce me that day. I did not want to go through the pain of kidney stones, and then go back a week later to have a baby. Phone calls were made. Rob got the day off of work, my sister Amy was on her way to take care of the boys, and I packed my bag. We were on our way, and I was prepared to not take no for an answer.
We got to the hospital around 2pm. They checked us in, and got us set up in a really nice room. (Definitely not getting rid of me now!) As I explained to the nurse what was going on she kept telling me that she didn't think they would let us induce. I was so discouraged! After what seemed like an eternity she finally came back to tell us that the Dr. had decided to go ahead with the induction. Everything went smoothly after that. I had an epidural that actually worked this time, and I never needed pitocin, it was so great!
Not the greatest picture, but it was about 3am! I was so tired, I could hardly keep my eyes open!
Thursday morning while Ethan and Porter were at school, Amy brought Lincoln to the hospital to meet his new brother. It was nice for him to have his own time with him and enjoy being a big brother. He was so sweet with him.
(Please ignore the goofy haircut that Ethan decided to give him just hours before we went to the hospital!)
Amy was loving the cuddles too!
Ethan and Porter came as soon as they were out of school. They fell in love as quickly as we did.
Our first family picture.
Then back to the silliness. :)
Amy took the boys back with her to my parent's house that night. They stayed with them until yesterday. We came home from the hospital Friday, so we were able to have a day with just us and Bryson. It was the BEST gift ever. It was so nice to just focus on him, and have some quiet time enjoying this new sweet spirit sent to be with our family.
When my mom brought the boys back yesterday, she brought my grandma to meet her newest great grandchild.
My mom's 20th grandchild!!
I had been worried about how Lincoln would do with the new baby. But so far there's been a lot of this...

No comments:
Post a Comment