A lot of the kids in our ward are on the local swim team and all the mom's told me how much they improved after one season. Ethan and Porter aren't the best swimmers, and Lincoln can't swim at all, so I thought it would be a good idea for them to do a season of swim. They weren't excited about it at all. They had their first practice today though and did everything the coaches asked of them. They swam for an hour just doing laps back and forth across the pool.
After practice they all told me they didn't want to do it anymore. Ethan was sure he was going to drown, and begged me not to make him do it anymore. When we got home he wrote me a letter begging me again. I told them that we already paid for the season, (Which wasn't cheap) and that I wasn't going to let him quit. It's going to be a long season, but if they are good swimmers by the end it will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment