We took a little get away to San Diego for a few days. We left after church and started at the Mormon Battalion museum. It was the perfect Sunday activity. The boys always love going there.
Lincoln was chosen to dress up as a soldier during the tour. He looked so cute in that giant hat.
We always have to pan for some gold before we leave too.
We went for a walk through old town. The boys find the best trees to climb.
And they love making Dad catch them when they jump down.
We walked past the theater that Rob took me to the night he proposed. It was fun to share the story with the boys.
We found a little trail near the museum. There was a nice view from up there.
It went up a hill and of course Rob and the boys had to tease me when I told them that I was worried about them standing too close to the edge.
We used priceline's name your own price deal to get a hotel. Unfortunately, you don't get to choose the hotel. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out which one it will be, but I was surprised when we got the Hotel St. James in the gaslamp district. It was in a building that was built in 1913, pretty cool. The boys were bummed that there wasn't a pool, but it had a really awesome roof top deck with a great view of the city. We hung out there the rest of the night. We watched the sun go down, had some dinner, and the boys got some wiggles out and played tag.
I think the elevator was original to the building. The boys called it the Harry Potter elevator.
The boys had their own room which was really nice. We put on a movie for them with some popcorn, before going to bed.













No comments:
Post a Comment