Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Caribbean Cruise- Roatan

Wednesday we were in Roatan. Carnival has a private beach dock and beach in Mahogany Bay. It was beautiful there. We took our friends advice and just hung out on the beach. 


Rob went snorkeling right off the pier, and thought he was going to be eaten by shark when this big fish snuck up on him. It was much bigger than it looks in the picture.




We got back on boat to have lunch. We ate a lot at the blue iguana. they had the yummiest tacos and burritos. Rob would go without the tortilla and just had them pile up the steak and shrimp. 


At dinner Rob tried the escargot. I wouldn't touch it, but he's up for trying anything.


 Our waiters knew we were celebrating our anniversary and brought us a special dessert and sang happy anniversary to us at dinner. 


After dinner we went to watch the minute to win it games. I got called up on stage and finally won my own ship on a stick by blowing a feather and keeping it in the air longer than my competitor.


Notice I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Probably the only one on board that even brought one. The common conversation on the ship was "Where are you from? How cold it was when you left?" Mostly everyone on board was there from the east coast trying to escape their harsh winter. While everyone else was in their shorts, I was the silly California girl all bundled up. 

No comments: