Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Today was Ethan's first day of kindergarten. He has been so excited, and has been counting down the days. He has a cute little teacher, that I'm sure he will love. He had a bit of a crush on his preschool teacher, so I bet it won't be long before he's crushing on Mrs. Stehmeier too!!

When we went inside he was excited to see his name and find his spot. He had no problem when we left, I think he was actually anxious for us to go. I was so proud of him.

After I picked him up, we went and got some ice cream to celebrate. He said he did a lot of fun things and had the best day ever!!


7 comments:

Christine said...

So fun to see you and your cute family at our school! Glad he had a good first day!! :)

Emily said...

Where has the time gone, both our boys in school now. Crazy!!!

Heywood Clan said...

I'm so glad he had a great 1st day! He looks adorable in his pics!

Shannon said...

Good to hear his first day went well...what about yours? Was it a boo hoo or woo hoo day? He looks happy! I remember your post from last year when he took all his worksheets to his teacher on the first day. Did he do anything funny this year? So exciting! Tell him I am proud of him.

kate said...

Wow...hope you focused on "sweet--only two kids at home during the day!" and not "oh no--my baby's growing up!" I'm certain I'll find myself divided...but anything that gives you a reason for ice cream has to be mostly good :).

Jenny said...

It was definitely a "woo hoo, only 2 kids at home" day!!

Heather Anderson said...

It is so fun to have one in school... he is such a smart and cute guy he is going to rock K! Looks like a great start to a good year!