While Rob served his mission in Uruguay, they often went into Brazil to eat at a churrascaria. These are all you can eat restaurants that serve many different cuts of meat. They have "gauchos" that bring you the meat that has been bbq'd on swords, and they cut a piece off for you right at your table. Any time we travel we look for one of these places. We have been to one in New York, Hawaii, and in Arizona. We've been looking for one of these local, but haven't been to one. So a couple weeks ago I was watching the travel channel and they highlighted one in Glendale. I knew that's were I wanted to take him for his birthday. So last night we met up with our friends Eric and Laura and headed out.
It was almost a kid free night, but who wouldn't want this little guy to come along. :)
Rob's dad was kind enough to watch the other boys for us. When we got home we noticed a burning smell coming from the house. Larry told us he had warmed up some chicken nuggets in the microwave for the boys. What he didn't realize is that he had followed the heating time for cooking them in the oven....he put them in the microwave for 8 minutes!! I'm not sure how much time had gone by before the microwave started smoking and he opened it to find this...
The even funnier part is that he put the plate in the grill outside. I guess he didn't think that we would notice if the smell was coming from the grill. We got a good laugh at the melted plate.
(sorry Larry, it's too funny, had to share!)
Happy Birthday Babe!!!
4 comments:
I'm glad Rob had a good b-day! I really wish we could have gone with you guys! Thanks for thinking of us...next time for sure! btw~ I copied some of your post from the reunion if you didn't notice. I got lazy towards the end and you said it very well. I hope you don't mind. :) Feel free to copy any of my pics from the reunion. I'll have to send you a couple extra cute ones that I didn't use. Love ya!
I am still laughing about the burnt chicken nuggets....lol!!! My dad would probably do the exact same thing. Happy Birthday Rob!
That plate is hillarious. I remember when we had a babysitter that cooked a pizza on the burner of the stove on the cookie sheet and ruined my pan and made one of the burners black. I thought she was too young to cook, I guess your never to old to make cooking mistakes!
Looks like LOTS Of fun!!!!Ok, I just need to say this... You are SOOOO beautiful! It just isn't right... you are a mom of three!!! I am just sayin..
BIG HUGS!!!!
Post a Comment