Friday, August 14, 2009

A Quick Trip

Rob was supposed to meet with a client up in San Jose yesterday morning. After booking a hotel for Wednesday night, they called and canceled. So we decided to make a family trip out of it. I was pretty nervous to go for a 6 hour car ride with the boys, but they did so good! I don't know how people did road trips before having dvd's in the car, that was a huge life saver!!! By the time we got there, all the boys wanted to do was go swimming in the pool. It was so fun to watch them. Porter has just figured out how to "swim" with his life jacket.
Ethan and Porter picked me some flowers...Ethan decided to swim with his.
These boys love their Daddy!!

Lincoln wasn't too happy when we dipped his toes in the cold water, so we hung out poolside.
This baby loves to get cozy. As soon as I covered him in a towel he crashed.
The kids had so much fun that when they woke up the next morning they went swimming again before we had to check out! We thought it would be fun to make a few stops on the way home. We headed for Pismo Beach, which we figured was a good half way spot. On the way there we stopped at the San Miguel Mission. The kids enjoyed looking around. I was a little nervous that they were going to break a 200 year old artifact! This was an oven that they used.

Of course they had to make some funny faces too!

When we got to Pismo, we saw that all the rocks were covered with a ton of birds! When we got out of the car it smelled so bad. The boys thought so too!

Showing off his muscles...

Next we stopped in Solvang. We got the boys some chocolate covered marshmallows. Ethan licked his like a lollipop, and Porter just got as messy as possible!

We had some dinner at the Red Viking restaurant and then headed home. As I was tucking Ethan in bed he said to me, "Can we go on vacation again tomorrow?"

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey there. What a great little road trip. Not that anything seems little when you have kids to pack for. Looks like lots of fun and Lincoln is so big. My goodness he is a cutie, you all are (smile).

Da Bergs said...

Omigosh, Jenny, I am soooooooooooooo glad you found me so that I can see how you and your little family are growning!!! You have THREE BOYS!!!! I have to tell you, I LOVE being a mom of all boys.... I am sure you do too!!! THEY are darling!!! Again, I am thrilled you have a blog and I can come visit you and your family! I love and miss you!!!

AES said...

What fun! Congrats on surviving (and enjoying!) your first road trip with three :)

carrie said...

Lincoln is so cute! Looks like you guys always have so much fun.

Heather Anderson said...

Road trips are the best and worst thing to do with a young family... good memories and worth it:) I am with Ethan on the "Can we go on vacation again tomorrow?" that is what I feel after vacations although it is usually that I want a vacation from my "kid" vacation heheh