We blessed Lincoln on the 26th. The day started a bit rough when I got a call a half an hour before church to find out my entire side of the family was stuck in traffic behind a bad accident. We made some phone calls and our Bishopric were kind enough to wait until everyone was there to bless him. We blessed him just before the last speaker! Besides that small glitch, it really was a great day. We had everyone to the house afterwards, and it was so fun to watch all the cousins from both sides of the family hang out and really have fun together. We even got them all to go outside so the adults could hang out and play games. I'm so thankful for a usable backyard!!
That night my sister, Amy, and her family stayed the night so we could go to the beach the next day together. We ended up leaving a lot later than we planned but it worked out because Rob was done with his work by then and was able to join us. We were only there for a couple of hours since we needed to be back for my nephew's birthday party that night, but we still had lots of fun. I was a bit nervous to have Lincoln there so young, but he was a trooper as always, he is such a good baby!!
So we headed back home for the birthday party. It was hosted at a friends house. They have an amazing backyard, so fun for the kids. We were able to catch up with some friends, and the kids had so much fun in the pool. They had a water slide, and Porter couldn't get enough. He just went down over, and over again! The smile on his face was priceless.
Uncle Brent with Lincoln.
Once again we were up too late playing the Wii, but it was a lot of fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks guys!! Oh, how I wish I used my camera that night. After the biggest "sleepover" ever at my house everyone packed up and left Friday morning.
My kids couldn't have been happier all week...they were in cousin heaven. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family. Thanks to everyone that made it a great week!!
3 comments:
Thanks so much for having all of us!! You were such a trooper! We all had a blast!! I'm so glad all of our kids are so close and love each other so much! Has Ethan planned the next sleep over yet?
Jenny,
How fun that your house would have more appeal than Disneyland! My grandma had the kind of house that everyone loved to congregate at...all the cousins would come there to vacation and we would have the most fun. I always hoped I would have a house like that. Your kids will have great memories!
I LOVE IT!!!!! I agree with christine.... that is awesome that your house would be better than Disney!!! Where are y'all at???? I am going up to see my mom in AV next week..
BIG HUGS!!!
Post a Comment