Saturday, January 9, 2010

5 Years Old!!

Ethan turned five today!!
I cannot believe it. Maybe it's because Lincoln reminds me so much of him that it has made it so fresh in my head, but it seems like he was just my little baby!! We had a small get together at our house with Rob's dad, my parents, Uncle Trevor, and Ethan's cousin
Spencer. Ethan informed me earlier this week that he did not want a cake for his birthday and that he wanted "sandwich cookies"(Homemade oreos) instead. So I tried to present them like a cake as much as I could.
Of all the gifts he got I think that he was most impressed with Grandpa's five $1 bills. He thought he was pretty rich!


We got Ethan Battleship and he had to try it out right away.
After gifts and cookies, we busted out Rock Band and had some fun. Ethan was pretty good on the drums...with a little help from Trevor! ;)
Here's some stats on Ethan at 5 years old:
1. He loves to learn and loves school.
2. He is a great helper with the baby, he loves Lincoln SO much!
3. He loves to play games.
4. Favorite color- light blue
5. He loves plain cheerios and will snack on them all day!
6. Will spend hours drawing pictures.
7. Favorite word- "Awesome!"
8.Favorite phrase- "Oh, nice!"
9. Goal in life- To be stronger, taller, and faster than his Dad!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Okay Jenny..I have been looking for that receipe of homemade oreo cookies. Can I have?

Happy B-day Ethan. I can't believe Daylen will be 5 this year too.

Jenny said...

Emily,
It's so easy, here it is...

1 box devil's food cake mix
2/3 c. shortening
2 eggs

mix and bake at 350 for 9 mins.

Enjoy!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness I am sooo excited,you have no idea! So is the center just white frosting?

Jenny said...

Yes, you can use vanilla or cream cheese frosting whatever you prefere. Sorry I left that out! :) Just a tip...I think they taste better the day after you make them, they are softer. So if you are taking them somewhere or making them for a party I'd suggest making them the night before.

Kristin said...

What a handsome little dude!

Amy Eaton said...

You have a beautiful family! And I really can't believe that is Trevor down there! You forget that everyone grows up!