As soon as Ethan's birthday was over he asked who's birthday was next, and I told him that it would be mine. He's been talking about my birthday a lot and Tuesday he worked all morning making me a present.
He set it on the counter and told me it was for my birthday. I told him that my birthday wasn't going to be for another month. Once I explained how long that was, he decided that it wasn't a birthday gift anymore and that it was just a gift because he loves me. He insisted that I open it. He had drawn me several pictures and had taken his birthday card and rewritten it for me. When he got the card from his grandpa it had $5 in it, so he put 3 nickles in the card for me. He asked me earlier that day to help him get some money out of his piggy bank, but wouldn't tell me why. ;)

Shortly after I opened my gift Ethan says to me,
"So, do you want to keep the money, or would you like to give it back to me?"
He said it with the sweetest smile, how could I keep it?
7 comments:
So sweet and kind! Good job at raising such a sweetheart!
Too cute!! Regan does that kind of thing all of the time. I had to hide the gift bags from her. wink!!
BIG HUGS!!
Wow how the time flies! You look good. Hope that all is well with your family.
I love that little boy so much! He is so sweet!
That is the cuteset thing ever. I love howasked for themoney back. Smart kid!
there are definitely perks to being "mommy"...makes up for the not-so-awesome days :).
Aaaaahhhwwww. How cute. These are the times to remember when they get older and more onery.
Post a Comment