Ever since the boys had their swim lessons, I've been anxious to get them in the pool to make sure they didn't forget what they learned. Porter and Lincoln on the other hand practically start to cry at the mention of a pool. They both didn't want to be anywhere near one. So we decided to go to palm springs and enjoy the warm weather and get these boys over their fears!
Ethan actually fractured his foot mothers day weekend and was in a special boot, so he was nervous to take it off and swim. He spent a lot of the first day in the shade with a new book to read.
Porter did great. He stayed where he could touch the bottom, but practiced swimming on his own. Lincoln was amazing. I asked him if we could take off his floaties and practice swimming and he started to get upset. Then I changed tactics and just told him we were going to do it and show Dad how good he could swim. After I had him swim to the wall once, he didn't want to stop! He kept saying "Again, again!" I couldn't believe how excited he was about it. Bryson was awesome and slept on a lounge chair most of the time. When he woke up we let him have his first dip in the pool, he loved it, and didn't cry at all.
After the pool we went and got pizza and hung out in our room the rest of the night. The next day we wanted to swim again before checked out so we packed everything up except our clothes to change into. As I laid out all the boys stuff, it really hit me that I am a mom of 4 boys now! I couldn't help but smile looking at the line up of clothes!
We made it down to the pool with a couple of hours to swim. I got to hang out poolside with Bryson for a while until he fell asleep.
Rob convinced Ethan to let him throw him in the water, and once he did it, he didn't want to stop. He was so funny. Every time he threw him, he would pose in the air.
Lincoln got brave and gave it a try too.
The trip couldn't have gone better. We've decided to have one more lesson with Ms. Tiff for Lincoln, hoping that warm water will make all the difference!
1 comment:
What a fun little vacation. I can't believe you have 4 boys too. Your family is adorable!! So happy for you. I always love Palm Spring in early summer when it's still too cold in the pools and water parks out here.
Post a Comment