Saturday, May 26, 2012

Zion

Thursday a few of us that were still in Utah decided to make the most of our trip and went up to Zion National Park. I hadn't been up there in a long time. We used to take family camping trips every summer when I was young, and it brought back great memories. 

I loved watching Lincoln hike most of the way holding hands with my Dad. They were buddies all day.

We made it up to weeping rock

Lincoln thought it was pretty gross when he leaned his hand against the wet slimy wall!

Our hiking group for the day.

After weeping rock we went up a little further in the canyon. It was a beautiful walk, I could have stayed there all day! We came up to the river, and right away my sister Amy was in trouble. Amy has a reputation for falling in any kind of water during our family vacations! It didn't matter what it was, if we were by water, she fell in it. So now we are all adults, but the sight of Amy standing next to the river was too tempting! There was a lot of teasing, even Nathan's kids were in on it after being told stories. So Amy was determined to cross the river to prove to us that she was no longer prone to falling in water!

I think every member of the family had their cameras out waiting for the moment she would fall. (I think we were all secretly hoping she would.) But, after a couple of close calls, she actually made it across and back.

Trevor was a great help on the trip. He was my co-pilot, and super uncle!

No comments: