Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beach Camping

Two weeks ago we went camping down at San Onofre with our friends Rebecca and Todd and their kids. I have done a lot of camping, but never at the beach. It was so fun to combine two fun activities. The kids had a blast...what kid wouldn't love spending the day at the beach to top it off with sleeping in a tent? Our favorite time was probably when we got to put the kids to bed and hang out with our friends playing some cards. Of course we had to play according to Todd's rules, which changed depending on what what gave him the best advantage!:) The beach was beautiful. I think most of the people at the campground were surfers so they were all out in the water while we had the beach almost to ourselves. It was nice to take some beach pics without a million people in the background! The beach was covered with rocks, which hurts a lot when the waves crash down on your feet, but they were so pretty!I've never been impressed with rocks before, but I was amazed at the variety of colors, I even found some purple ones! Well, of course I had to bring some home, but I got a bit carried away and ended up carrying way to many up the steep climb back to the campground...great workout though! Now I just have to figure out how to make them shine like when they were wet. They are not as pretty now that they have dried...any suggestions?

My little Hercules!
Ethan found this stick and spent a lot of the day drawing in the sand. I love it when they are entertained so easily!
Mermaid Porter... Daddy's idea of a good time!
Rebecca brought glow sticks for the kids, great idea!
Thanks so much for inviting us, we had so much fun!

1 comment:

Heywood Clan said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I want to go back to the beach sooo bad!!