Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally!!!


After a year of on-again, off-again potty training, I can finally say that we are done!! Ethan is very proud of himself, and will show just about anyone his "big boy" underwear. When he first started wearing them he would only wear them backwards, he didn't like the idea of a hole in his underwear. Once I explained that they weren't defective and showed him why it was there, it was smooth sailing. We told Ethan that when he was done having "accidents" he could get a new bike with training wheels. Well, after spending some time with his cousins, he decided that he wanted a scooter instead, or as he calls it, a "roller scooter". Well, of course it had to be a Spiderman one!! Ethan wouldn't smile for a picture, so I got this tough guy look from him...how tough can you be when you ride a "roller scooter"?!


10 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

Yeah Ethan and mommy and daddy!!! That is awesome!!! You are such a BIG boy!!!

Shannon said...

Today, I wish I were you. I about sold my soul tonight...Deegan has decided he doesn't like underwear (they hurt...darn eczema!) Problem being that he doesn't like poopy diapers either. Deegan now takes his own diaper off and tries to wipe up himself. Another problem...he doesn't like to be dirty, so he wipes his poopy fingers off in my carpet! Total yucks! My life stinks (no pun intended)! I spent my whole night getting poo out of the carpet and it's still there. Remember I told you I could smell it coming out of my computer? Once you have kids, you will NEVER forget! I could toss my cookies now! Sorry for graphically ruining your comment forum single-handedly. Regardless, congrats! (I guess you should have just answered the phone when I needed to vent. Now the whole world knows why I was calling.)

Christine said...

Hey Jenny I just came on over to check out your blog. I love it! You have an adorable family! I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

And to iniate you into the tradition of bloggers (or so I'm told) I'm tagging you... Go over to my blog and check out what that means.

Hey I was just saying to my hubby that we haven't done any date nights with friends in months! I'm thinking it's about time...Let us know if you guys are up for anything.

Eric and Laura said...

HOORAY!!! I hope mine don't take this long. They'll be in kindergarten! :) I'm glad for you that he finally caught on. It's smooth sailing from here, right?

Heather Anderson said...

Way to go Ethan! I LOVE when that job of potty training is over:)

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Ethan, way to go buddy!!!!!

I love the picture with the "roller scooter" so Ethan!!! Mr. tough guy! I wish I was bringing Aiden to be with his buddy!

Emily said...

Having a potty trained kid is the best. Just one in diapers...wooohooo!!!!

Presley family said...

What a BIG boy!!!! Yeah, I will never forget when Regan just decided that it was a cool thing and she wanted to do it. It was so easy. If only all of the other attempts I tried to MAKE her weren't so crazy. You live and learn!!! Yeah for you!!!!

Kristen said...

mack likes to wear his underware backwards too:) I think he likes to see the picture.
Yay...it's so great when they finally get it!

Summer said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you guys started a blog!! It really is a great way to keep in touch with everyone!

I know the joy you are feeling that comes along with potty training...my only problem is that by the time I have one trained I have another one! I usually have 2 in diapers for about 6 months. I know you still have Porter, but it sure is nice to only have to change 1 diaper and not 2!! Congratulations Ethan on being a big BOY!