I've known early on that Porter would be the one I would need to keep my eye on around girls. He knows how to work his charm on the ladies and is quite the flirt already. When he was only 20 months old we went to visit my mom for Mother's Day. While in church he managed to sneak into the isle to meet up with a little girl about his age he had been making eyes at. He threw his arms around her and started kissing her!! As you can imagine it was quite the distraction for everyone there, and to make it worse, my mom was the one speaking when it happened. We had no choice but to break up the love fest.
Yesterday I was watching Star Wars Episode II with Porter. This is his favorite of the series and we only watch the last 10 min. so he can see his favorite scene where Yoda fights Dooku with the lightsaber. If you are not familiar with this movie, the last scene is Anakin and Padme getting married. When they kiss the boys always go "eeeww, yucky kiss!" So after the expected quote after the kiss, Porter sat for a moment and says " I kiss girls, Mommy.... I kiss THAT girl!" and points to the TV.

4 comments:
That's hillarious. Better watch out:)
That's funny! My little almost four year old Lydia, is the same way. My friend said she was walking by Victoria's Secret and her 3 year old boy said "I like that picture, mommy!" And she said "Well you should like that picture, at least you like girls!" This led to a discussion at our moms group and we decided that we have to talk about what is appropriate with our kids but encouraging little crushes is probably a good idea.
At least he has good taste, right?
HAHAHAHA...what is with boys. Daylen has a little crush on Gianna at church. He talks about her all the time, and he has already kissed her. Boy, we are going to have our hands full.
Post a Comment