This week my Grandma and I snuck away with my boys for a quick trip to visit my sister in Arizona. We all had a great time, but especially my boys. Aunt Shannon spoiled them rotten, and with a trampoline they were as happy as could be. We got there Tuesday night, so Wednesday they spent most of the day outside jumping.
(Awesome for wearing them out for bedtime! I may need to invest in one!)
We took a break form the trampoline and took the kids to feed the ducks.
My nephew, Deegan, has started taking violin lessons and was so nice to let Ethan try it out. Ethan LOVES instruments, this really made his day.
Thursday, Deegan's preschool had a field trip to the zoo so we got to tag along. They had an aquarium too, so we got to see quite a good variety. They had a stingray exhibit where you could pet them, but my boys had no desire to put their hand in the water.
Porcupines...the boys thought these were pretty funny looking.
The highlight of the zoo was the giraffes. There was a big platform to stand on so you could feed them. Check out it's long tongue. Did you know that they can be up to 18 inches long?! Gross!!
The boys enjoying a little snack. What better place to eat animal crackers?!
We took a train ride through the zoo to see some of the tame animals a little closer.
That night the girls snuck out to go to an enrichment activity. ( Thank you Ryan for watching all the kids) When we got back I found Ethan crashed on the top bunk with his two cousins. (I couldn't get them all in the pic, I was taking it in the dark)
5 comments:
That is where you went, we were all trying to figure out where you went at mutual. Looks like a lot of fun! I have heard that Zoo is pretty awesome. What a fun trip!
I'm jealous! Thanks for inviting me. :)
I just thought I would make sure everyone knew the kids washed their hands before they ate the animal crackers. Thanks for coming...again, why don't we do this more often? Next time Amy's coming!!! Too bad Blythe wasn't a nicer destination.
Thank you Shannon, that was the first thought that came into my head, 'Did they wash their hands???' So I guess then that the sister hang out sessions are reserved for those of blood relation? I understand. Love you guys ;)
Just to clarify, so there aren't any hurt feelings... this was an extremely last minute trip. I was actually invited as grandma's driver. Sorry to call you out Shannon, but it's true!:) We were happy to go though and had a good time. We definately need to have a real sister trip sometime, non-blood related included. Love you Erica!:)
Post a Comment