We have been making progress in our backyard. Rob has spent all his free time out there working hard. We got our wrought iron fence put in a couple weeks ago, and yesterday afternoon Rob got his hands on one of these babies...
We rented this tractor for a day to tear out the slope that was dividing the terraced levels and grade the lower level. Here's Rob getting started.

I sat up on the balcony and watched him tear into the slope. It was truly amazing to watch him cut though the dirt so fast. He was worried that 24 hours with the tractor wouldn't be enough, but he actually got mostly everything done in about 4 hours!! He had his best friend, Eric, come over to be his right hand man and guide him as he worked. (Thanks again Eric!) They were definitely in man heaven! Even over the noise of the tractor I could hear a lot of laughter and hollering every time they would get of good chunk of dirt out of the hill. This morning his brother, Dave, came to check out the tractor and helped him with some final grading and leveling.
This is a "before" picture of the slope

After...

I had Rob stand by the wall of dirt so you can tell just how tall it is.

This is a "before" of the backyard looking from above.

After...

Rob thinks we gained another 8-10 ft. of space to the lower level! I'm so excited !! After only being able to watch the tractor from the balcony, the boys finally got to check it out up close this morning.

The next step is to build a retaining wall to hold back all the dirt. Rob is outside working on it already...
YOU'RE AWESOME BABE!!!
6 comments:
get er done boys!!! Good work. Its gonna be so great when you are done. Cant wait to come play back there.
Wow!!! It looks great!!! Good job Rob!!
Rob, Rob, Rob! I can't believe he had the nerve to RENT this bad boy!!
I'm quite impressed. Love the backyard! You and the boys are going to LOVE it!!!
How long was he out there on Saturday? Glad he was able to get it all done.
Wow!! Looking great!! The iron fence looks super too!!! Rob has been busy, busy, busy!! Oh the joys of living up her on this hill!! It only took my dad about 6years to complete our front and back yard, so unless you wanna wait that long and give up every minute of your spare time, I'm all for hiring somebody!!
Um, so Rob just knows how to work that thing? Impressive!
Post a Comment