Friday, May 27, 2011

Determined

Ethan told me all day yesterday that he was supposed to wear green and yellow to school today. He said their was a contest and that whoever wore the most got a prize. So I laid out a green shirt for him to wear, but apparently that wasn't good enough. When I went to wake him up for school this morning, I found a piece of paper taped to it with a green and yellow checkerboard print he had colored sometime after I had put them to bed. I was fine with that, but then he came upstairs with his baseball pants he had wore the night before to his game.



I didn't understand at first until he pointed out the green grass stains. I told him that the pants weren't acceptable to wear to school, because after a long season of baseball they had holes in them. He then told me that he fixed the holes...

...with tape!! I just laughed and told him he couldn't wear them. So he went back to his room and came back in his army print pajama pants. By then I didn't have time for him to change again. So I caved and let him wear his pajamas to school.


Ethan is a very determined child. When he gets his mind set on something, there's not much that's going to stop him...accept maybe his mean old mom! :)

Oh, and he didn't win the contest...oh well!

No comments: