Porter had a bit of a run in with a swinging garden hose yesterday and ended up needing some stitches. My poor Porter seems to be the one that always ends up getting hurt. He takes it like a champ though. He hardly cried until the doctor told him he would need the stitches. He was so scared and it just broke my heart. While they were working on him, I tried to talk to him to distract him. We were discussing what kind of flavor of ice cream we wanted to get when he was done when all of the sudden my head started spinning, and the voices around me became muffled. I said aloud, "I'm not feeling very good." The nurse took one look at me and yelled, "Get a chair for mom!" I used to work in the medical field and have seen my share of blood and wounds and have never passed out in my life. I guess it's a little different when your watching your own child. I didn't pass out, but was pretty out of it. Pathetic, I know! So they finish up with Porter and then the nurse asks how I feel. I feel horrible that now they have to worry about me too. She leaves and comes back with some snacks for Porter and me. So Porter and I hang out with our mini juice box and crackers until we both feel better. Now Porter gets to wear a band aid right in the middle of his forehead until it heals.
And guess who insists he needs one too?!
No comments:
Post a Comment