Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas this year. We spent Tuesday with my family, and had the traditional dinner spread. Everything was so yummy. It was nice to visit with everyone, too bad I forgot my camera. :( Christmas Eve we were with Rob's family, or at least those that were in town. It ended up being a small group of us. Rob's dad, his wife Rosie, her mom and Adam. We did a full Christmas dinner since everyone was going to be somewhere else Christmas day. This was the first time Rob and I hosted such a big holiday meal, and I must say that to my surprise everything turned out really well. Rob was on turkey duty, and he did a great job.

After dinner Grandpa read the story of Christ's birth. Porter of course had to cuddle up for a good story.

Then we had our traditional ornament exchange. Here's Ethan showing off his baseball ornament. He has really found the love of the game this year, and is quite good for a little guy.


The Santa spread before the boys got to it...

Ethan was pretty excited to show off his stocking stash.



Porter was fun to watch this year. He really enjoyed tearing the paper apart.



The boys both got light sabers. This was there Jedi pose...


So typical Ethan, we noticed he had his stash so neatly organized as we were opening presents.


The boys were feelin' the love after they had opened their gifts to one another.


I had the boys with me when I was shopping for Rob. Ethan spotted these Spongebob golf balls and insisted that we get them for him. Dad loved them.

I must add that my wonderful husband got me a new computer! Mine has been broken for the last month. Thank you so much babe!! I should be much more efficient in my blogging now. After we were done opening gifts we looked outside to find this...

It was breathtaking, and actually stretched all the way across the sky. It was nice to forget about the gifts we had just received and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. The rest of the day was pretty quiet, which actually was pretty nice. We hope everyone Christmas was as enjoyable as ours.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Jenny,

Glad you guys had a nice Christmas! I had my family in town which was a new one for us so we had a housefull to open presents. It was a different/fun experience having cousins all hanging out together and waking up Christmas morning to open their stash.

I think we saw the same rainbow as we were driving up to Jeff's families in Palmdale that day. Nice to have some winterish weather for Christmas.

carrie said...

You look like you had a wonderful Christmas! I will let you know the next time we are in town. It's just hard without a car we are at the mercy of so many other peoples schedules. You know what's crazy is we saw a rainbow too. how funny:)

Costa Rica Baby! said...

WHAT, MY BROHTER GOT YOU A NEW COMPUTER!!!! He spent the money, really?
I´m so proud of him.

Excuse me while I wipe a tear of pride from my eyes.

Love the pictures of the boys. Miss you guys.

Emily said...

Love the lightsavers...Daylen has a few of those! Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

a new computer???? Merry Christmas to you!!!! Go Rob. Im glad you had such a good christmas with the fam. What ornament did you recieve this year? I always like to hear about that. ANyway cutie little boys !!!

ummmm pretty sure we need to get together soon...