I don't know a little boy that loves Christmas more than my Ethan. He has been asking for months when we could put up our tree. He would prefer to have it up year round if he could. Last year when we finally took it down he was mad at me for weeks, and told everyone that I "ruined Christmas". So I've been telling him that we had to wait for Thanksgiving before we could put it up. The night before Thanksgiving we decided it would be fun to put it up so we could enjoy it when we got home from all the festivities. Ethan was beyond excited when we told him we were going to decorate. Of course we had to use this to our advantage. We told him a few, "you have to ____ before we put up the tree." We got him to eat his dinner without a fight, clean up the house, and we even convinced him to let us cut his hair! Haircuts are always a huge battle for us. There were still a lot of tears, but he toughed it out. As soon as we started pulling out the boxes, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

Porter just wanted to take the ornaments off the tree so he could play with them.


4 comments:
Hey grinch, i love that story. I just scrolled down on the blog...a boy? really? i was one that thought you were having a girl too. WOw you'll be great, and you are right you know what to expect. Im happy for you though, congrats. How fun christmas is out and the boys are loving it.
That smile is the best! Daylen is so excited too. He has asked me for the past few weeks to put the tree up, and we finally did. He too plays with the ornaments and every morning he runs down stairs to make sure it is still there, and every night he asks if the tree will stay up. Too cute!!!
well done! sorry we didn't hook up down there. Our boyz would have enjoyed hanging out I'm sure.
I love that little Ethan and his excitement! He is so cute!
Post a Comment