We got there early in hopes that we could get good seats. (no assigned seats) Shannon was the only one that had been to one of these before, and warned us that these cute mormon women can get pretty vicious when it comes to getting the seats they want. She told us that when the doors opened, we needed to be ready to run! No joke, we had to sprint!! Sounds so lame, I know, but I wasn't about to waste the time we had waited to be in the front of the line to let some crazy ladies out run me and take a better seat! Maybe that's just my competitive side coming out..it was kind of fun though!
Here we are waiting outside the Cashman Center...
The first night we were entertained by Jason Deere and his band. He wrote all the music for the "Joseph" and "Trek" albums. They were great, and even nicer in person. We were able to talk with them, take pictures, and they were signing every ones CD's.
With Jason...

The next day we woke up very early, trying to get at the front of the line again, and despite being there much later than we planned, we were still able to get great seats. We we entertained by Hilary Weeks. She is amazing. I thinks she should leave her music gig and become a stand up comic, she really is so hilarious!! We were also lucky to have Virginia Hinckley Pierce speak to us too. One of the ladies that were supposed to speak was sick, so she filled in. Kind of ironic, this conference was originally scheduled for February, but was rescheduled due to the passing of the Prophet. She was great and so friendly.


6 comments:
What a great weekend!!!! I'm so glad we got to go! It was so nice spending that time with just us girls and no kids. I can't wait until next time!
GO REESE'S! I told you I wasn't as lame as you thought I was. We need another trip though, because we were limited on our "toxins" time. She also never mentioned that we sat all Saturday popping peanut butter M&M's right up until the last possible moment before danger was in question.
We just need to get together more often, period!
Oh how fun Jenny! I love get aways like that.
HAHA!! Love the reeses at the end!! That would be torture!!! Looks like fun, I need a getaway, that's for sure, I'm sure you were in heaven!!
I'm so jealous! I wish I were still in Vegas! I loved the time out for women. Peanut allergy...yikes! Ster and I would go crazy! We live off of peanut butter!
I am totally jealous, I need to get away for a fun weekend! Looks like a great time:)
Post a Comment